Re: How to move the master boot record?

* Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> [070628 16:35]:

> In my computer the master boot record is installed in /dev/hda6.  Suppose I
> want to move it and have it installed in /dev/hda9: is it possible, and how?

First of all, forget about any advice which you may receive concerning
LILO.  GRUB is the boot manager you should be using.  Life is MUCH
simpler with GRUB than it was with LILO.

There is only one master boot record per drive.  hda6 and hda9 are two
partitions of the same drive, namely, drive hda.

Perhaps you mean that hda6 is the "/boot" partition, and you wish
/boot to be hda9 ?

You need to provide us with more information.