Re: Purge leaves some files

I suspect that the package maintainers neglected the full purging script. This
seems to be the case with a number of packages that I have encountered. They
either do not fully remove the binaries, libraries, and documentation, or
else they do not remove menu entries, /etc/foo, and especially entries
in /etc/alternatives.

You should probably file a bug report against the package, and it should get
fixed quickly and easily enough. I assume that maintaining a package is a
sometimes difficult and sometimes tedious process, so something like the
configuration removal/purging script could be easily overlooked.

--
Matthew K Poer <matthewpoer@gmail.com>
Location: GA, USA              Web: http://matthewpoer.freehostia.com