Re: problems with radeon driver

Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
Hello,

I am running etch in an amd64 system with an ATI Radeon Mobility 9200
(AGP) video card. The ATI driver from x.org doesn't work with this
card, after a small GUI activity, the screen freezes. I've reported

Have you tried in xorg.conf actually specifying the "radeon" driver instead of "ati", it shouldn't make any difference but...
       Driver          "radeon"
have a look at the man page
http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man4/radeon.4.html
you can probably find a more appropriate version on your PC, there are lodes of driver options, some of which are just there to overcome flaky implementations, if you can get the OS drivers to work it's well worth the effort, particularly now that ATI, in their infinite wisdom, have dropped support for older radeon GPUs from fglrx.
http://airlied.livejournal.com/32819.html?view=66099#t66099
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=735&num=9

Good luck.
8< snip >8
PS. I don't have the OP so sorry the threading is all messed up.

--
Garrr, do your bit for global warming, become a pirate, you can "borrow" my copy of Windows 95 if you want.