RE: From FreeBSD 6 to Debian 4

Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:

> Just curious: what induced you from freebsd to debian?

Hi,

Thanks all for your help. I decided to make the transition from FreeBSD
to Debian for a few reasons:

1) Virtualization: For the moment, there is no offical Dom0 XEN port on
FreeBSD, and FreeBSD jails are a little too limited for what I'm doing
(no CPU limit per jail, not RAM limit per jail). What's more, there is
an annoying old bug that prevents you from restarting a jail separately.
All these points should be corrected sooner or later.

2) LVM: there is no such beast under FreeBSD. Note that ZFS should be
available under FreeBSD 7.0.

Except that, I've always been very very happy with FreeBSD. Performances
and stability are just great.

Regards to all,

Philippe