Re: From FreeBSD 6 to Debian 4

On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 07:46:55AM +0200, Philippe Lang wrote:
> Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
>
> > Just curious: what induced you from freebsd to debian?
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks all for your help. I decided to make the transition from FreeBSD
> to Debian for a few reasons:
>
> 1) Virtualization: For the moment, there is no offical Dom0 XEN port on
> FreeBSD, and FreeBSD jails are a little too limited for what I'm doing
> (no CPU limit per jail, not RAM limit per jail). What's more, there is
> an annoying old bug that prevents you from restarting a jail separately.
> All these points should be corrected sooner or later.
>
> 2) LVM: there is no such beast under FreeBSD. Note that ZFS should be
> available under FreeBSD 7.0.
>
> Except that, I've always been very very happy with FreeBSD. Performances
> and stability are just great.
>
> Regards to all,
>
> Philippe
As a FLOSS person, I always like to know what make *BSD more attractive
than Linuxes. If you get a change to blog or comment here about things
you notice, I'm sure I and the other list folks would be interesting in
your observations. Hopefully keeping flameage too a minimum ;-)
|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|