Re: Thinkpad 755CX

On Sun, Jun 17, 2007 at 08:36:20PM -0400, Andrew J. Barr wrote:
> This is a 1995-vintage machine (guessing by the BIOS copyright date on
> the bottom) with a Pentium 75 and 16 MB of RAM (originally 8 until I
> found a loose RAM expansion card under the floppy disk, heh heh). It
> has no CDROM, no USB, no Ethernet. It does have a floppy disk, a
> parallel port*, and two PCMCIA slots. My preferred method of
> installation is a CompactFlash card in a PCMCIA sleeve, both for space
I have a toshiba libretto (P-1 166/32mb). Other than an 2gb->10gb
upgrade, it works ok with twm, firefox, but is not a speed daemon.
I used a pcmcia cdrom, dos, and RH 7.1 and loadlin.exe a few years ago.
Not fun.

I'd suggest: take out the 2.5" hd, get a 2.5"->3.5" adapter (less than
$10 US), put it in any PC, and install woody or sarge. And report back
if you can get either of these to work. This is the easiest way I can
thing of. I setup plip afterwards for fun, and it worked to network
between my desktop and laptop.
|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|