Re: Printing with lprng; no CUPS! :-)

On 06/15/07 11:20, s. keeling wrote:
John Hasler <jhasler@debian.org>:
 s. keeling wrote:
(0) heretic /home/keeling_ aptitude -s install foomatic-gui
The following packages will be automatically REMOVED:
  lprng
 toncho/~ sudo apt-get -s install foomatic-gui
 Reading package lists... Done
 Building dependency tree... Done
   foomatic-db foomatic-db-engine foomatic-filters python-foomatic python-glade2 python-gobject python-gtk2
   python-ipy

Well, I guess my system must be broken in some way, though I fail to
understand why it works so well if it's broken.  At least apt-get
doesn't try to blow away lprng:

   -------------------------------------
 (100) heretic [root] /root_ apt-get -s install foomatic-gui
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
  cpp cpp-4.1 esound-common gconf2 gconf2-common gksu gnome-keyring gnome-media-common
  gnome-mime-data libart-2.0-2 libaspell15 libaudiofile0 libavahi-client3
  libavahi-common-data libavahi-common3 libavahi-glib1 libbonobo2-0 libbonobo2-common
[snip]

foomatic-gui is a very high-level python GNOME app. You don't have any GNOME libraries installed, so no wonder you've got to pulling in the world.

BTW, did you watch /Red Green/ last night?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA