Re: error while loading shared libraries

Hi.

> > > that its for shure an acces denied, try creating a new user and do the same and chek
> > > if the problem persist, if it does, then this might be a bug.
> >
> > I created a new user account and this one is OK.
> > So, if no actual solution is found, I'll have to remove the "broken" users
> > and recreate the accounts...
> >
> > But I really wonder what caused this.
>
>   What do you get with ls -dl /lib /usr/lib?

"Ok" user:

$ ls -dl /lib /usr/lib
drwxr-xr-x  16 root root  4712 Jun  9 22:50 /lib
drwxr-xr-x 193 root root 71448 Jun 14 19:27 /usr/lib

"Broken" user:

$ ls -dl /lib /usr/lib
ls: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

[All basic utilities exhibit the problem...]

> What about running "id" as
> a broken vs normal user?

"Ok" user:

$ id
uid=1005(dummy) gid=1005(dummy) groups=1005(dummy)

"Broken" user:

$ id
id: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

> (I suspect it's more likely an environment
> variable -- the packaging system shouldn't mess with permissions on these
> directores -- but it would be nice to rule out any weirdness like that)

Other suggestions?

Thanks,
Gilles