Re: Got a boot error when starting up

yong lee <ylee_95116@yahoo.com>:

>  I am not a Linux expert. I hope someone would kindly help me or
>  give me some suggestions to fix the problem.
>
>  I just installed a pre-made/customized Linux 2.6.x kernel. I
>  converted its installation package from the .rpm format to a .deb
>  format using alien command.  After the installation and a reboot,

Why?  alien can be useful, but it's not a magic bullet.  See Bob
Proulx' (sp?) recent post for an excellent exposition as to why.  If
you still have the sources, try re-building with make-kpkg, or use
kernel.org kernel sources.  Or just install Debian kernel source and
make-kpkg.

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling          Linux Counter #80292