Re: Basic SELinux Question

Telly Williams writes:
> I've heard all of this "talk" about how secure SE Linux is.  However, how
> secure can this thing be if it has been developed by the NSA?  I mean,
> wouldn't THEY know how to get into your computer?

If they are capable of sneaking a backdoor past the FOSS community why
wouldn't they put it directly into the kernel?

> And, it's the NSA!

And you know what?  They are _people_!  Yes!  The NSA consists of human
beings!  Regular, old-fashioned, limited, fallible human beings!

And consider this: even if NSA developed SE Linux in order to slip a
backdoor into secure Linux systems the best way for them get it widely
adpted would be to make it secure against everyone else.  So unless your
threat model includes attacks from the NSA you still would better off using
it.
--
John Hasler