Re: cryptsetup: Source device /dev/sda7 not found

du.lists@dominok.net wrote:
> I must somehow have messed up my partitiontable when i put Debian on
> my Laptop. Now every time i let grub handle a new kernel it
> "rearranges" my partitions (just their number/order in grub.conf) so
> that i have to manually edit its boot-options.

Are you talking about these lines?

  # kopt=root=/dev/sda1 ro
  # groot=(hd1,0)

The update-grub script reads those comments and rewrites all of the
following entries in the automagic kernels list to use whatever
options you have specified.  If those are the options that you want
then you can change them.  After changing them run update-grub and
examine the result.

  sudo editor /boot/grub/menu.lst
  ...configure kopt and groot comment lines... LEAVE COMMENTED!!! ...
  sudo update-grub
  pager /boot/grub/menu.lst
  ...examine file...

Regardless of that you can always specify a manual configuration and
make it the default by putting it at the top of the list.  Put it
*above* the "BEGIN AUTOMAGIC KERNELS LIST" section.  Because that will
always be the first entry it will always be the default boot entry,
assuming that you have 'default 0' configured.

  # Put static boot stanzas before and/or after AUTOMAGIC KERNEL LIST

  ...put your manually specified static kernel boot lines here...

  ### BEGIN AUTOMAGIC KERNELS LIST
  ## lines between the AUTOMAGIC KERNELS LIST markers will be modified
  ## by the debian update-grub script except for the default options
  ## below

HTH,
Bob