Re: Ethernet and wireless suddenly not working on Etch

Hi everyone,

I'm still not able to resolve my issue...=(  It seems to think my router is an IPv6 router, and I don't know how to make it see that's it's a regular IPv4 router only...

Any help is much appreciated.

On 6/5/07, Paul Scott <waterhorse@ultrasw.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 04:34:21PM -0500, Mumia W.. wrote:
> On 06/05/2007 04:10 PM, Glen Yu wrote:
> >[...]
> >It says I'm "connected" but gives me network info of:
> >
> >Driver: e100
> >
> >IP
> >Broadcast addr:
> >Subnet Mask:
> >

> >All that info doesn't make any scense as I'm connected to a router, so the
> >IP should be 192.168.x.x and the subnet mask should be
> >instead
> >also.
> >[...]
> Uninstall zeroconf and network-manager if you have them installed. Many
> people say these packages take over their network configurations.

Looking at the broadcast clearly that should be  The range from to is a special non-routable range which I believe indicates that your router is not connected to the Internet.

Try Googling

Paul Scott