Re: does etch have package that allow user bypass Internet censorship

* Serena Cantor <qipaishi2006@yahoo.com> [2007-06-03 03:09:33 -0700]:

> Thanks! Don't worry. I know the government allow what, doesn't allow what. If you post
> antigovernment message in popular BBS, or protest before government building,  then you'll quickly
> run into  trouble. I don't believe government have time monitor this list. This list is
> high-traffic, but few Chinese join the list, so my message's effect is limited.

>From what I understand about the Great Firewall, you should be advised
that the government searches traffic based on keywords in plain text
traffic, DNS lookups, and the like.  The government may or may not have
the time to monitor this list, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Computers do these searches, not people.

There are a lot of anonymizing tools out there, but they are only as
effective as the user.  Please take the time to thoroughly read the
documentation that comes with Tor and Privoxy, then do a solid
implementation.  Also, be sure you are taking other steps to ensure your
privacy as well.

Regards,
Klein

--
... Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day.  Teach a man to fish,
    and he'll invite himself over for dinner.