Re: I am ANGRY with Debian.

Max Hyre escreveu:
> Nic James Ferrier wrote:
>
>> [T]earing useful stuff out of packages because of a
>> political decision without providing an automatic upgrade
>> is stupid. It *will* lose you users.
>
>    Watch out for loaded words.  The decision was indeed
> ``political'' in that it was put up to a vote, but
> `politics' has negative connotations that I don't think
> apply here.  Each person voting, whether pro or con, was
> voting out of principle, not because they'd been bribed, or
> because they'd been forced to follow the party line.  They
> were deciding what the party line was to be.
>
>    This is politics at its best, and has no connection to
> the operations of the U.S. legislative or executive
> branches, which is what the word `political' is loaded with.
>
>    Indeed, better coordination in the transition (notably
> pointing people toward the excised documents) would have
> been a major improvement.  However, ``because of a political
> decision'' sounds like something derogatory.  In what sense
> do you mean for people to understand that phrase?

I'm sorry, mate. But not everyone in this list and/or using Debian is
from the USNA (United States of North America, as I call it, since it is
 not the only federative republic in America -- read North, Central and
South).

'Politics' and 'political decisions' may have negative connotations to
you, but that's because you seem to link these words directly with your
corrupt and anti-democratic governments (even though they insist in
believing that they are the leaders of the /free world/).

Well, that may seem weird to you, but there *are* real politicians and
politics and *real democracy* -- or at least something closer to it --
in some places around the world, where these words do not necessarily
mean something bad.

To be honest, you don't even have to think about governments to think
about politics. There is politics everywhere. In the company where you
work, in any club or organization that you belong to, inside your own
family and friends' circle, etc etc etc.

There is nothing negative about political decisions (unless they *are*
bad decisions -- and even that is relative). Especially when they were
actually put to vote.

Cheers
Cassiano Leal