Re: I am ANGRY with Debian.

On 05/30/07 12:18, Nic James Ferrier wrote:
My name is Nic Ferrier. I am really ANGRY at Debian.

After 10 years of being a dedicated Debian user I have reached the
point at which I am so angry with what is being done that I want to
stop using it. I will start to look for viable alternatives to Debian.

A few weeks ago, as Emacs was nearing the end of it's long release 23
development cycle, I decided I would upgrade my emacs-snapshot.

Oh dear. emacs-snapshot is quite old and not recent at all. Hmmm,
what's happened to that I wonder? I go ask the maintainer of the
package. He tells me that Debian want him to remove the free
documentation from inside Emacs, a ludicrous suggestion frankly and
clearly detrimental to the package so he has stopped working on it. He
was quite right; in my opnion there is nothing else to do.

There are lots of emails on -devel and -legal about problems "they" have with the GFDL (Gnu Free Document License) regarding the DFSG.

If anyone wants to setup an alternative, GNU friendly, single software
package archive they should get in touch with me privately.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA