Re: Re: importing an address book to Icedove

Roland & others

Roland wrote,
r> in the following I assume that Icedove is Thunderbird ...

Icedove is the newer name.  See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iceweasel
and specifically the Debian paragraph
near the end of the article.

r> no, default order of fields seams to be:

   * <first name>,<last name>, <Display name>, <nickname>, <primary email>

r> After these many more fields can come. You can fill the fields in one existing address book and export them in text or csv format to study them (if you need or want).

OK, I did not use the default and set the 4
fields existing in my text file and cleared
all other fields.  So that should not be a
problem.

Unless there are other ideas, I'll monkey
with some delimiter characters before
admitting defeat.
Now I wonder whether this is another bug.

Thanks,         ... Peter E.