Re: importing an address book to Icedove

Hello,

in the following I assume that Icedove is Thunderbird ...

Hello Debian Users,

I have an address book from an old Windows
system to import into Icedove.

Currently there is a text file on the target
system containing lines in this syntax.

no, default order of fields seams to be:
  • <first name>,<last name>, <Display name>, <nickname>, <primary email>
After these many more fields can come. You can fill the fields in one existing address book and export them in text or csv format to study them (if you need or want).

BR,
Roland

Example.

John,Doe,John Doe,jdoe@cablelan.net
Larry,Doe,Larry Doe,ldoe@cablelan.net

The names are imported but the addresses
are not. Should the addresses be enclosed
in quotes or pointed brackets or something?

Thanks, Peter E.

Desktops.OpenDoc http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/