Re: Mike Capture not working in Debian Testing/Creative Live Soundblaster

David Dawson wrote:
[...]
> I just finished playing around with Alsamixer again and lo-and-behold the
> capture is working. Just had to activate the AC97 capture maybe. I dunno.
> I'm shaking my head {:)
> Thanks for your interest, Chris.

My pleasure, Dave. It seems that "IEC958 Playback AC97-SPSA" controls SPDIF
digital sockets [1]. It is enabled and set to 100 on my system through
amixer/alsamixer but not through the Gnome GUI tool. It seems unlikely that this
should affect the analogue capture mic socket though. It's a strange world.

[1] http://alsa.opensrc.org/Realtek_ALC950

Glad you got it working :).

--
Chris.