Re: Mike Capture not working in Debian Testing/Creative Live Soundblaster

David Dawson wrote:
> I'm running Debian Testing and the mike capture recently stopped working.
> The card is a Creative Soundblaster Live.
> The problem is that the system will not allow any app to get mike audio.
> On the other hand I *can* get mike audio through the card if I switch on the
> mixer monitor.
> I tried setting things with Alsamixer, but no go.
> The sound system in the  kernel (Debian 2.6.18-K7) is Alsa.

It may be worth checking your hardware [1]. If your motherboard has built-in
sound, this may have been detected by Alsa as the default. It will thus be
expecting your mike to be plugged into the integrated sound mic socket.

[1] http://newbiedoc.berlios.de/wiki/Sound_in_Debian_GNU/Linux#Check_your_hardware

--
Chris.