Re: Bookmarks across browsers

On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 11:39:28AM -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

> most of the browsers use some sort of *ml to store the bookmarks. Why
> not make a local static page with html links to the other browser's
> bookmark files. Then you can just point your browser to that page and
> get the contents of all the different bookmark files. And when you
> bookmark something in one browser it will be placed in its own
> bookmark file, but be accessible from the others with ease.
>
> so for example on my system I could have a page in my home called
> bookmarks.html with:
>

> If I actually knew how to write webpages, I could probably figure out
> how to just source those files and place their contents on one page,
> minimizing the required clicks to get to things.

I use lynx and specify one of its bookmark pages for such inter-browser
bookmarks.  Use lynx to browse to a browser's bookmark file, then save
that page to the appropriate lynx bookmark.  Ditto for all other browser
bookmark files.  On each browser, I have a prominent bookmark pointing
to my lynx bookmark files (I have several).  No editing involved.

Doug.