Re: [OT] PSU ramblings (was Re: getting a new Debian box)

On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 11:50:31AM -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 08:36:47AM -0400, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
> > On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 10:31:30PM -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

> ON a side note, have you noticed that its hard to actually find useful
> replacement PSU's? My local shops carry all kinds of 5&600 watt PSU's,
> but none of them put out enough power on the right combinations of
> rails to support my stuff. I've had to replace a couple of them with
> generic OEM style psu's. An example would be doing the math on my
> hard-drive/peripheral load on one of my boxes, I determined that I
> needed X watts on the 12 volt rail.

Check out the CoolerMaster iGreen 600. 85% efficient, ATX 12V V 2.2,
RoHS compliant.  MTBF > 400,000 Hrs, dual ball bearing 120 mm fan.  600
W continuous, 700 W max.

Continuous ratings:

3.3V	20 A
5V	20 A
		total 166 W

12V 1	16 A
12V 2	14 A
12V 3	 8 A
		total 456 W

-12V	 0.5 A
5Vsb	 3 A

All the drives are powered by 12V 1.  Two PCI-E 6-pin connectors, one
from 12V 1, the other from 12V 3. 12V 2 goes to the 4 and 8 pin 12V MB
connectors.  So if you only have one GPU that needs a PCI-e connector,
use the one that is powered by 12V 3 and save 12V 1 for the drives.

If one PSU doesn't do it for your drives, add a second PSU.  My
CM-Stacker case has two bays and comes with the harness that connects
the two.

Doug.