[Very-OT] rampant offtopic and offensive posts to debian-user

On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 08:36 +0000, steef wrote:
> Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 11:57:42AM +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> > <.............>
> > As a side note I must say that I have been a member of a volunteer
> > organization for 11 years and I have seen a bit of the dynamic involved
> > in such a group. The best "contributors" were mostly the same persons
> > participating in "off-topic" activities, but still organized within the
> > "community".
> >
> > Regards,
> > Andrei
> >
> being a list-member for about five or six years I support warmly
> andrei's opinion on the above topic.

So, then, lets say that a member of Islam has a very "provocative, but
very accepted in their culture, quote."

Are we going to censor that?
What kind of retaliation is that going to endure?

You seem to forget, what may be TOTALLY acceptable to one culture, may
in-fact be COMPLETELY offensive and unacceptable in another.

Such is the case with advertising, ads that go over *VERY* well in the
UK, are seen as stupid and offensive in the US. And the US ads in the
UK. So by your reasoning, All ads should become very drawl and
ineffective in any medium?

So, how is my .sig now?
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net
That was as boring as a performance of "Richard the 3rd" with potatoes for