Re: rampant offtopic and offensive posts to debian-user

On Monday 21 May 2007, Celejar wrote:
> On Sat, 19 May 2007 17:02:01 +0200
> "M. Fioretti" <mfioretti@mclink.it> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > This is why I'm posting also this reply to the moderators. I really
> > hope they put a stop to this, this time.
>
> As people have pointed out; this is exactly the issue. There *are no*
> moderators! d-u is (currently) unmoderated (listmasters aren't
> [necessarily] moderators). I have no problem with people requesting a
> change, but as it exists now, it's an unmoderated list.

I don't know what the term is, but within the past year or so there was
an issue that came up with some quite heated discussions that involved
criticism of Debian or some part of it and someone stepped in and
delayed any posts on that thread for 24 hours.

How was that done without moderation (or moderation by any other name)?

Hal