Re: Unable to connect to network

Pete wrote:
On Monday 21 May 2007 06:19:29 Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 12:32:50AM +0100, Pete wrote:
[...]
I have tried pinging known servers like Google on both the faulty Debian and the working Xubuntu and get identical results. /etc/resolv.conf gives identical results on both boots. If I ping the IP name (as given on my set-up instructions - 'phone.coop') in either Xubuntu or Debian I also get identical results - 'Destination Net Unreachable'. [...]

I found a similar problem on a fresh etch install only yesterday. It may not have anything to do with your problem, but I solved it by entering as DNS my router's IP.