Re: Unable to connect to network

On Monday 21 May 2007 11:37:13 yag wrote:
> Pete wrote:
> > On Monday 21 May 2007 06:19:29 Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> >> On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 12:32:50AM +0100, Pete wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> > I have tried pinging known servers like Google on both the faulty Debian
> > and the working Xubuntu and get identical results. /etc/resolv.conf gives
> > identical results on both boots. If I ping the IP name (as given on my
> > set-up instructions - 'phone.coop') in either Xubuntu or Debian I also
> > get identical results - 'Destination Net Unreachable'. [...]
>
> I found a similar problem on a fresh etch install only yesterday.
> It may not have anything to do with your problem, but I solved it
> by entering as DNS my router's IP.

OK Opened up the Network Settings panel. IP address already there but added my
ISPs address to the 'Search Domains' panel. I can now access some websites.
For instance, anything Debian (www.debian.org etc) but nothing gnome
(www.gnome.org) and none of the search engines - Yahoo, Google. Wierd.

--
Regards