Re: rampant offtopic and offensive posts to debian-user

On 05/21/2007 01:55 AM, Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 06:19:12AM +0200, M. Fioretti wrote:
On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 11:57:42AM +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
If the volume of messages in an off-topic thread is large enough that
an entire separate list is being considered, the off-topic diversion
is already beyond the level Joey describes as "social lubricant" and
into the level of disruptive noise.
So people who "know" each other for years on this list are condemned
to keep discussions (mostly) on-topic or leave the forum?

By forum I meant whole Debian, not this list (should have put some quotes around).

Of course. How can you ask such a ridiculous question? Please think a
bit more before posting. First of all, going by your "logic", I could
invite all my friends to post here all the proposals on where to go on
vacation next summer or which DVD I should rent tomorrow.

Just in case you missed my initial proposal, I was suggesting a separate list for OT, but still within the Debian project. This way when OT gets out of hand posters could move the thread to the OT list. I see this on the lists of a LUG and it works fairly well.

Regards,
Andrei

I also think that the idea of a "debian-ot" list is a good idea.