Re: [OT] Re: Control Center Problems in KDE 3.5.5

On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 18:48:02 +0000, David Dawson wrote:
> Florian Kulzer wrote:
>
> > On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 17:08:03 +0000, David Dawson wrote:
> >> Florian Kulzer wrote:
> > That looks normal to me. You probably already tried running kcontrol
> > from a terminal window and checking for error messages. Another thing
> Thanks!
> I'm not exactly a newbie, but as I do most things in a shell, I usually
> don't have occasion to delve into the desktop settings.
> This is what I got:
> kcontrol: WARNING: No K menu group with X-KDE-BaseGroup=settings found !
> Defaulting to Settings/
>
> I see that something is missing, probably from an rc file, so which one?
> (I suspect I could tweak it by hand)
> > look at is ~/.xsession-errors after you have started kcontrol.

It seems that there is a related bug report

which mentions a workaround. As far as I can tell, you have to remove
and purge kdebase-data and then reinstall it. The whole problem seems to
be caused by the absence of the file

/etc/xdg/menus/applications-merged/kde-essential.menu

          Florian   |