Re: Control Center Problems in KDE 3.5.5

On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 17:48:02 +0000, David Dawson wrote:
> Florian Kulzer wrote:

> >> Maybe I'm annoyed enough now ....
> >>
> >> Florian and Joe:
> >> Thanks for the info, but I tried both ways and unfortunately the problem
> >> is still unsolved.
> >>
> >> I believe that the *real* problem is in a config file, somewhere. But
> >> which?
> >
> > Did you check already if a newly-created user has the same problem?
> >
> Thanks
> A newly-created user *does* have the same problem.

So it is a system-wide problem. If I understand you correctly you tried
both to downgrade the three i18n files and to upgrade the whole of KDE
to version 3.5.6. Is that correct? In which state is your system now?
Post the output of

aptitude -F '%c %p%?v' search '~R(~Rkcontrol)~dkde|kcontrol' | awk '{print $1,$2,$3}'

          Florian   |