Re: Question about Mutt

On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 09:05:42PM -0500, cothrige wrote:

> There has always been a thing about Mutt which has bugged me, and
> lately it has nagged at me even more than usual.  Perhaps somebody
> on this list will know of a way to change this.
>
> In the index screen if I mark a message to be deleted it will cease to
> be accessible in any way, and if I scroll to it the cursor will skip
> it and move to the next message which is not selected for deletion.  I
> have always assumed this to be the expected behaviour, and normally it
> is not really an issue at all.  However, if I am in a mailbox for
> something rather high volume, such as the directory for this list, I
> often will delete many messages.  If I delete a hundred messages and
> decide that I wish to undelete one in the middle I may not even be
> able to read the subject and use that to undelete.  It is also a pain
> to have the cursor jump a hundred messages to the top if I move up one
> message too far.
>
> So, what I am wondering is if there is some setting which would make
> messages marked for deletion available like a normal message, at least
> as far as the cursor goes.  On my screen they are red, which is enough
> for me to know what will be deleted.  I went through my muttrc line by
> line and just didn't see anything, and so hope that maybe it is
> possible and somebody here has figured out how to do it.

'j' moves to the next *undeleted* entry
'J' moves to the next entry
'k' moves to the previous *undeleted* entry
'K' moves to the previous entry

You can also just type in the message number to jump to.

Press '?' to see all the key bindings.

--
"It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations,
 if you live near him." -- J. R. R. Tolkien