Re: [OT] Re: Control Center Problems in KDE 3.5.5

On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 12:41:25AM +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:

> Another things to try is to reinstall the above packages (except for
> gamin, of course). A more drastic variant of that would be to shut down
> KDE and X, do a "dpkg --purge" on the packages and then to reinstall
> them again. (You would at least need "--force-depends" to make dpkg
> remove all these packages, therefore this manoeuvre is not for the faint
> of heart.)

Also, don't forget per-user configurations.  I imagine that those are
stored in ~/.kde (or something like that).  Sometimes, misbehaving
programs can be "convinced" to work again by nuking your config.  I have
used this with corrupted profiles in Firefox, for example.  Just copy
your bookmarks out, delete ~/.firefox restart and off you go.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez