Re: rampant offtopic and offensive posts to debian-user

On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 03:12:51PM -0400, Hal Vaughan wrote:

> We had a problem on the Libranet list where a number of us got into some
> serious and deep discussions about religion and politics.  Not one
> person was being disrespectful or calling names, but there were a few
> people that never answered any questions and just seemed to lurk who
> complained.  We solved that by creating an OT group that still goes
> well today.  Some people ask for technical help, but we have a lot of
> discussions over politics, religion, and other topics.

Ironically, this reply would, possibly, be off-topic on Debian lists :)

You mentioned Libranet - I asked a prominent UK Linux vendor to consider
removing Libranet from his list of CDs because it was dead upstream and
had no update possibility. Libranet was a very good Debian derivative -
is there still a "Libranet community" and should someone be looking to
find what made Libranet special and try to bring that to Debian for new
users?

Andy - interested in all Debian derivatives - but who comes back to
running and advocating Debian every time.