Re: configuring midnight commander for use via ssh -- problem solved

* Amy Templeton <amy.g.templeton@gmail.com> [070515 11:07]:
> Alternately, have you considered using GNU Screen? That way, if you
> start up mc in it and later SSH in, all you need to do is screen -r
> and you've got it...

Thanks for the introduction to screen, Amy.  I installed screen and
printed the man pages (all 47 of them).  Also, I found and printed a
4-page introductory article.

Inasmuch as I work almost entirely in the X environment, I wonder
whether screen is the best solution for my needs.  I think something
like a remote X-session might be a better fit, but I haven't figured
out how to implement that, and I haven't yet found a good HOWTO on the
subject.