Re: configuring midnight commander for use via ssh -- problem solved

"Russell L. Harris" <rlharris@oplink.net> wrote:
> * Amy Templeton <amy.g.templeton@gmail.com> [070515 11:07]:
> > Alternately, have you considered using GNU Screen? That way, if you
> > start up mc in it and later SSH in, all you need to do is screen -r
> > and you've got it...

> Thanks for the introduction to screen, Amy. I installed screen
> and printed the man pages (all 47 of them). Also, I found and
> printed a 4-page introductory article.

Yikes! Did you find the info document? That could add quite a bit
more to your page count...so beware!

> Inasmuch as I work almost entirely in the X environment, I wonder
> whether screen is the best solution for my needs. I think
> something like a remote X-session might be a better fit, but I
> haven't figured out how to implement that, and I haven't yet
> found a good HOWTO on the subject.

Unfortunately, I can't be much help there (sorry), but just
googling "remote x session" (minus the quotes) did bring up some
potentially promising items.

Good luck!

Amy

--
Fuch's Warning:
        If you actually look like your passport photo, you aren't