Re: fluxbox slit

On May 11, 6:50 pm, Douglas Allan Tutty <dtu...@porchlight.ca> wrote:

> I read the fluxbox man page and it wasn't clear what this slit-thing
> was.  Why wasn't the documentation that's available on-line included
> with the package?

Mmm. It's pretty clear on my man page what it is

THE SLIT
       The slit is a special Fluxbox window frame that can contain
dockable  applica-
       tions, e.g. the 'bbtools.'  When applications are run in the
slit they have no
       window borders of their own; instead they are framed in the
slit, and they are
       always  visible  in the current workspace.  You can click
button 3 on the edge
       of the slit window to get a menu to determine its position,
whether  its  con-
       tained  applications  should be grouped horizontally or
vertically and whether
       the slit should hide itself when the mouse moves away.

       Most dockable applications use the -w option to run in the
slit.  For example,
       you could put in your ~/.xinitrc:

            bbmail -w &
            bbpager -w &
            exec fluxbox

Are you asking why wasn't the wiki part of the download??

rd