Re: Affecting Institutional Change (Yeah Right)

Just as an aside I would suggest maybe next time to use the security
angle. Instead of getting blue in the face about the virtues of not
using .doc, explain how metadata is bad, and how your personal secrets
can be revealed.

http://www.lawpro.ca/LawPRO/metadata.pdf

Then I would mention what steps they are taking in protecting their
information. I find this angle to be of great use as most places are not
very security aware especially when it comes to documents. Then you can
always ask what metadata cleaning tools they incorporate to protect
against such things.

Gnu_Raiz