Re: Help with setting up home network

Russell L. Harris wrote:
I don't mind reading and actually prefer it as this way I learn more. It's great to be given direct steps on how to do something, but then it doesn't stick in ones mind as well as if you research it yourself.

See the latest (second edition, I seem to recall) O'Reilly SAMBA book,
which is posted in its entirety on-line.  The earlier edition was
good, but the latest is greatly improved.  If you are messing with
SAMBA, you need the O'Reilly book.

So before I start really getting to far into this, can I get sharing going on my home network with just samba or do I also need NFS? I want to be able to read and write to my linux server from all machines (XP and Linux) and read and write files to my shared XP drives from my Linux units. Looking at the Samba book seems great but is Samba all I need?

Thanks,
-Eric