Re: Etch back to Sarge

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 11:39:37 -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 09:28:30PM +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> > On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 20:32:06 +0200, bigoperm wrote:
> > >
> > > Doug,
> > > I figured I'd get thie question :-) After my upgrade to Etch, my network
> > > card no longer works (it's a Xircom PCMCIA card (cardbus)). I've searched
> > > the message boards for solutions, but can't find anything that solves my
> > > problem. Unfortunately, I don't have time to figure out what's wrong, I
> > > just need my machine to work. Downgrading back to Sarge seems like the best
> > > option.
> >
> > It is certainly an approach that befits a boorish debianhelp.org user
> > who does not know how to quote properly when posting on a mailing list.
>
> ouch... testy today Florian? :)

I am just trying to make sure that debianhelp.org will carry on with
their current practice of removing/dropping my mails from their debian-*
sections. The thought that I might at some point have managed to
actually annoy someone over there gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling in the
cockles of my heart.

> I thought you had already blackholed all the debianhelp.org posts. I
> haven't been to look, and don't care to, but I assume its a web forum
> type thing? ... /me goes to look after all... oh that's annoying. He
> should put up some stuff about mailing list etiquette since its a live
> gateway to this list. I know that proper quoting sucks in a web forum,
> since its all laid out there for you already, but in the
> forum-to-ml issue, its obviously important.

          Florian   |