Re: Etch back to Sarge
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Etch back to Sarge
- From: Douglas Allan Tutty <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 20:16:42 -0400
- Message-id: <20070501001642.GA14972@titan>
- Mail-followup-to: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 01:41:48AM +0200, bigoperm wrote:
> I need to downgrade from Etch back to Sarge. The only resource I have is
> the original Sarge install CD. How can I use this CD to reinstall Sarge
> (over Etch) without using any data?
> My intuition tells me all I need to do is skip the partition phase of the
> install, and things should be okay; however to do so requires that a root
> filesystem must be mounted. Is there a boot option I can pass to the
> installer to tell it to mount my already existing system? Thanks in advance.
Downgrading isn't supported.
Is that a typo: "without using any data" to be "without loosing any
You need backups of all your data.
Now for the obvious question: why do you feel the need to downgrade?