XDMCP

Running unstable.  Trying to get XDMCP working via KDM.  On the local host,
everything works.  KDM gives me a graphical login prompt, and KDE loads when
I log in.  From a remote machine, however, I get what appears to be a pure X
session with no Windows manager running.  I get the hollow X cursor, and am
able to move it with the mouse.  However, neither left nor right clicks do
any thing - no menu or anything.  Clicking and dragging doesn't generate a
dotted outline selection.  No key presses appear to do anything.  Not sure
where to go from here.  Hints and suggestions welcome.