Re: cups and samba stop working after upgrade to etch

On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 19:48 -0400, Bill Shofner wrote:
> When trying to add a printer on my wife's Windows XP machine I am asked
> for a user name and password to connect to this computer. I supply the
> username and password but am unable to connect to the printer. Is samba
> finally running?

YES!

You have to add the user running as root:

        smbpasswd -a username

There is more to it after that, but you get the drift now.

For an easier time, I;d also install "swat" and use in your browser:

        http://localhost:901

Login as root and then configure away. SWAT seems to work much better
than any manual tweaking, as far as getting up and running.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup