Re: Problem with udev rules under etch

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 18:27:39 +0000, Andy Hawkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In article <[🔎] 20070423173147.GA1220@localhost>, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> > I vaguely remember that I also had problems with the "?" wildcard when I
> > wanted to create a symlink to partition 1 of my USB harddrive. After
> > some trial and error I found this udev rule:
> >
> > # Lacie 120GB external USB harddrive
> > KERNEL=="sd*1", \
> >         ATTRS{product}=="Lacie Mobile Drive", \
> >         ATTRS{serial}=="DFE10181B7F3", \
> >         SYMLINK+="usb-flo2"
> >
> > The two ATTRS tests make sure that it is the correct device and the
> > KERNEL=="sd*1" specification pins down the partition. That is not really
> > a pretty solution but it has always worked for me. Maybe you can use a
> > similar approach.
>
> Just tried this, no joy:
>
> KERNEL="sd*4", \
> #       SUBSYSTEMS=="scsi", \
>         ATTRS{model}=="ZIP 100", \
>         NAME="%k", \
>         SYMLINK+="zip"
>
> I tried it with and without the 'SUBSYSTEMS' line commented.
>
> Any other ideas?

I am not sure how useful this is, but I would try to things:

1) Use "==" instead of "=" for the KERNEL test. "=" for tests has been
   depreciated for a while. (It was still supported long after that, but
   maybe that has changed now.)

2) Comment out the NAME="%k" assignment. The normal %k device node will
   be created by one of the standard udev rules, so there is no need to
   do it again. (Maybe that confuses udev for some reason.)

          Florian   |