Re: custom kernel on etch?

> but at the very least since
> no one has mentioned it yet install the linux-image-2.6-k7 to get a Debian
> kernel for your machine that supports the processor better than a 486 generic
> image.

I'll start googling, but if you have a link with instructions for
accomplishing this, please provide. I'll go read more on Debian
kernels.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

If I go the custom route, is this the best resource?

http://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org/ch-common-tasks.html

And if I go with the image you mention above, I take it that is easier
and that I can just apt-get the new kernel somehow?

Thank you,

bs