Re: SONY DVD RW AW-G170A

On Sat, Apr 21, 2007 at 08:16:06PM +0100, Neil Sumner wrote:
[...]
> BUT, the good news is WOOOHOOOT! Ubuntu 7.04 jsut booted and installed :) so
> I have at least got Mr. W. Gates out of my life at last :) (I am sure
> Maple/Mathematica/Matlab can be tortured into running under Linux (?) (first
> two anyways))

if you have running linux and want debian, use debootstrap. Ubuntu
takes a snapshot of debian sid, patches it and releases it. They have
obviously patched it for whatever mobo/drive problem you were
having. That patch will surely make it into debian at some point
too. But I think the problem had to do with booting the optical drive
and having it be mapped properly through the bios so that the booting
system could see it. I think once you're installed, by whatever
method, you should have no trouble with it.

.02