Re: Debian update

On Sun, Apr 22, 2007 at 04:18:12PM +0300, gustavo halperin wrote:
> <head>
> </head>
> Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
>   <pre wrap="">gustavo halperin wrote:
>
>   </pre>
>     <pre wrap=""> Hello
>
> After update my debian system to the new release I experimented some
> troubles. Actually the applications "xpdf" or "Eterm" or "ida" hung the
> X server. I don't know how to resolve it, all the dependencies of these
> application looks OK, so Any idea what is the problem or how find the
> problem?
>     </pre>
>   <pre wrap=""><!---->
> Solve it step by step.
>
> When you start the X server are there any errors in /var/log/Xorg.0.log?
> That would be the first place to look for X related problems.
>
>   </pre>
> The only error from Xorg.0.log is<br>
> &nbsp; (EE) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI capable<br>
> But I don't think that it is the problem.<br>
> &nbsp;There also some Warning:<br>
> &nbsp; (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic" does not exist.<br>
> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Entry deleted from font path.<br>
> &nbsp; (WW) `fonts.dir' not found (or not valid) in
> "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1".<br>
> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; Entry deleted from font path.<br>
> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (Run 'mkfontdir' on "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1").<br>
> Therefore I installed the next packages: <br>
> &nbsp; ttf-sil-charis ttf-sil-doulos ttf-summersby<br>
> &nbsp; But I still think that the above thinks there aren't the problem.<br>
>   <pre wrap="">Next, if everything in /var/log/Xorg.0.log looks fine, then start xpdf (say
> from konsole) and see if there are any errors reported on the konsole
> screen and in ~/.xsession-errors
>   </pre>
> I didn't find any error from xpdf in the ~/.xsession-errors but I found
> something from Eterm:<br>
> &nbsp; Eterm:&nbsp; Warning:&nbsp; Locale not supported; defaulting to portable "C"
> locale.<br>
> &nbsp; Warning: locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged<br>
> I again don't think that is really problem, do you?<br>
> &nbsp;By the way my actual revision is: Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 \n \l<br>
> and the kernel revision is: 2.6.19.1 (same revision as before the
> update).<br>
> &nbsp;Any Idea what can I do?<br>
> &nbsp;Thank you again, Gustavo<br>
>   <pre wrap="">
> hth
> raju
>
>   </pre>

I've got nothing to add to this post but I just want to warn you that
HTML mail is frowned upon on these lists, since most people read them
with Mutt (I'd say a good 40%), which is a cli mail program.

Plain text is the generally accepted method of mailing here.

Sorry to come across as a bit of an arse, but I'm just trying to point
you in the right direction.

--
http://digital-haze.net/~pobega/ - My Website
If programmers deserve to be rewarded for creating innovative