Re: Debian update

Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
gustavo halperin wrote:

 Hello

After update my debian system to the new release I experimented some
troubles. Actually the applications "xpdf" or "Eterm" or "ida" hung the
X server. I don't know how to resolve it, all the dependencies of these
application looks OK, so Any idea what is the problem or how find the
problem?

Solve it step by step.

When you start the X server are there any errors in /var/log/Xorg.0.log?
That would be the first place to look for X related problems.

The only error from Xorg.0.log is
  (EE) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI capable
But I don't think that it is the problem.
 There also some Warning:
  (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic" does not exist.
    Entry deleted from font path.
  (WW) `fonts.dir' not found (or not valid) in "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1".
                Entry deleted from font path.
    (Run 'mkfontdir' on "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1").
Therefore I installed the next packages:
  ttf-sil-charis ttf-sil-doulos ttf-summersby
  But I still think that the above thinks there aren't the problem.

Next, if everything in /var/log/Xorg.0.log looks fine, then start xpdf (say
from konsole) and see if there are any errors reported on the konsole
screen and in ~/.xsession-errors

I didn't find any error from xpdf in the ~/.xsession-errors but I found something from Eterm:
  Eterm:  Warning:  Locale not supported; defaulting to portable "C" locale.
  Warning: locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged
I again don't think that is really problem, do you?

 By the way my actual revision is: Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 \n \l
and the kernel revision is: 2.6.19.1 (same revision as before the update).

 Any Idea what can I do?

 Thank you again, Gustavo
hth
raju