Re: Debian update

gustavo halperin wrote:

>  Hello
>
> After update my debian system to the new release I experimented some
> troubles. Actually the applications "xpdf" or "Eterm" or "ida" hung the
> X server. I don't know how to resolve it, all the dependencies of these
> application looks OK, so Any idea what is the problem or how find the
> problem?

Solve it step by step.

When you start the X server are there any errors in /var/log/Xorg.0.log?
That would be the first place to look for X related problems.

Next, if everything in /var/log/Xorg.0.log looks fine, then start xpdf (say
from konsole) and see if there are any errors reported on the konsole
screen and in ~/.xsession-errors

hth
raju

--