Hostname confusion!!

Hi folks,

HELP! -- I could REALLY use your help here before I muck up further!

I have installed my Debian etch server on the idea it was going to be called 'sinclair' so this is the hostname I told it to use during installation.

Later I decided to renamed it to 'dedicated' (n.b. This made more sense as it was 'Sinclair Dedicated' with 'Sinclair' being the networks name, not the PC itself) So I changed the data in /etc/hostname to simply 'dedicated' and then rebooted

However! When I have installed other things that automatically check what the hostname is, they guess it as 'sinclair' However However! When I log in using SSH with its motd greeting, and when looking at system logs its using the name 'dedicated'
SO obviously the name 'sinclair' is still knocking about somewhere :(

Now to add to the confusion (sorry) - I don't want either of these names as I have finally picked what it should be called...

My question is this... can someone offer me a complete list of files that should be modified that contain the name of the PC or the hostname so I can change them to the new name
I already know about /etc/hostname    -    What others could use changing?

Thanx!

Steven Maddox
(Architect)

Function Office