Re: Migrate to XEN and LVM

Thank you for your comments so far.

I am going to do the following:

1. Leave to running system untouched as long as possible.
2. Delete an unused partition which occupies the second half of the disk.
3. Create a ext3 partition with 256 MB at the end as boot partition.
3. Create a PV on rest.
4. Create a VG and a LV of 1GB for the Dom0 and a LV of 1,5GB as swap for
Dom0
5. Install Etch in Dom0
 - Can I tell the installer to place grub and the other boot stuff on the
   256 GB boot partition? Or do I have to move it after the install?
6. Create a LV for the new production system and install Etch there.
 - Does each VM need its own swap?
7. Migrate, test, and switch to the new system
8. Delete the old partition and create a PV there.

Is that reasonable?

Would it be better to place the Dom0 on a raw partition instead of a LV?

Regards,
Marco