Re: Fetchmail Problems

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 06:37:23AM -0400, Michael Pobega wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 11:32:56AM +0200, Jochen Schulz wrote:
> Well the last thing I need is to get procmail working, if I can't I
> may end up just abandoning Debian altogether (I'm not threatening it,
> but it's just really annoying, and I NEED procmail, it's not even a
> "nice thing to use", I NEED it).
>
> I really don't get why Getmail won't feed the mail into Procmail...It
> just hangs, I'm getting no errors or anything.

my setup uses fetchmail, exim4 and procmail. this is my understanding.
pop3 server
  \/
fetchmail
  \/
 exim4
  \/
mail spool
  \/
 exim4
  \/
procmail
  \/
~/Maildir's

when I had issues with smtp-auth, I used fetchmail with verbose output
options (-v, --verbose  ) and procmail also has this.
there is also ´tail -f /var/log/exim4/mainlog' (at least for exim4) to
monitor exim4s actions.

the first few lines of my .procmail are:
VERBOSE=yes
PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir                   # Maildir
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/lastmbox               #where unknow mail goes
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/from                   #recommended
:0fh:
|formail -I"X-procmail: started"
Notice the VERBOSE and LOGFILE settings.
this should provide able information for debugging purposes.
HTH,
Kev
|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|