Re: Any good and high quality music player?

On 12 Apr, Greg Folkert wrote:

> Exactly *WHAT* does it sound like? *BAD* could mean MANY MANY things.
>
> Here is the lspci output I have for my Audio Controller.
>
> greg@princess:~$ lspci | grep -i media
> 00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc.
> VT8233/A/8235/8237 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 40)

How is your sound quality?  I have an MSI motherboard with a VIA 8235
at home and have never been able to get decent sound with it.  It
usually sounds ok on instrumental music, but vocals sound like they are
in a tin can.  I played around with the alsa configuration a bit over
the weekend, and couldn't improve it to any appreciable degree.

-Chris

|   Christopher Judd, Ph. D.                      judd@wadsworth.org   |